Updated 1st September 2023
2. Data Collection We collect information such as your name, email address, postal address, and purchase preferences when you use our website, sign up for our newsletter, or make a purchase.
3. Data Usage Your data is used to manage your orders, improve our services, send you marketing information (if you have consented), and for internal analysis.
4. Data Sharing We only share your personal data with third parties when necessary for processing your orders, or as required by law.
5. Consent By using our site and services, you consent to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this policy.
6. Data Security We take stringent security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction.
7. User Rights You have the right to access your personal data, correct them, request their deletion, or object to their processing. To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Policy Changes We may update this policy from time to time. Changes will be posted on our website.
9. Contact For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cool & Simple – Compliance Statement with Bill 64: An Act to Modernize Legislative Provisions as Regards the Protection of Personal Information
At Cool & Simple, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of data privacy and have implemented comprehensive measures in line with Québec’s Bill 64, aimed at modernizing the protection of personal information. Below is an overview of our compliance with the critical provisions of Bill 64:
Strengthening Consent Requirements
We ensure that all consent obtained for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information is clear, freely given, and informed. Consent procedures are tailored to be understandable, with additional safeguards in place for the personal information of minors.
Privacy Impact Assessments
Prior to initiating new projects or changing existing processes that handle personal information, we conduct thorough Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) to identify and mitigate risks to privacy.
Upon request, we facilitate the transfer of an individual’s personal data to another organization, subject to technical feasibility, ensuring that individuals have control over their information.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a dedicated Data Protection Officer (DPO) Laurence Azoulay, Humain Ressources Manager is responsible for overseeing data protection strategies and compliance with privacy laws.
In the unlikely event of a data breach, we have established robust procedures to promptly notify the Commission d’accès à l’information (CAI) and the affected individuals, particularly if the breach poses a risk of serious harm.
Enhanced Powers for the CAI
We recognize and respect the enhanced powers granted to the CAI, and we are committed to full cooperation with the authority in the event of investigations or compliance checks.
Right to be Forgotten
We honor requests from individuals to have their personal data deleted from our systems, except where we are required to retain the information by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Our adherence to these principles is reflective of our ongoing commitment to privacy, security, and compliance. We continuously monitor our practices to ensure they meet the requirements of Bill 64 and adjust our protocols as necessary to maintain the highest level of data protection.
For more information on our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com